What is Karavel?¶
The main output of the Karavel project is the Karavel Container Platform, a curated set of components and services based on the best-in-breed open source projects, carefully configured to deliver a production-ready platform for enterprises.
The Karavel Container Platform¶
Karavel provides many different components that together form a cohesive and integrated environment called the Karavel Container Platform.
The Karavel Container Platform selects specific versions of these components that are tried and tested together and publishes them as a ready-to-use kit to assemble GitOps-enabled platforms for enterprises. Check out our quickstart guide for an introductory view to the Platform.
- Run on any conformant Kubernetes cluster
- 100% open source stack based on community and CNCF projects
- GitOps first workflow, enabling the platform to be self-hosted and updating itself
- Built-in security tools for secrets management, policy enforcement and access control
- Elastic routing layer with automated DNS, load balancing and certificate management
- Comprehensive observability stack with metrics, logging and distributed tracing collection and visualization